|1. WOPET||2. PETONEER||3. PETKIT|
Our pets tend to put their mouths in all the reachable corners of our house. But that is what animals do, right? No matter how habitual it may sound, it is not healthy.
In the long run, they might get infected or fall sick because of something they might have licked or swallowed, especially cats. This, in turn, can affect their lifespan.
Keeping our cats safe and healthy is our responsibility. Either take care or don’t pet any animal. I’m no doctor, but clean water is essential for living beings to remain healthy and functional.
I might not help you with medicines or remedies for keeping your cat’s health, but accessories like this can provide a solution to serve them clean drinking water.
Here is a list of the best cat water fountains available in the market that can aid serve them with clean, hygienic drinking water:-
Top 25 Best Cat Water Fountains 2020
1. WOPET Cat Water Fountain
WOPET Pet water fountain is made up of stainless steel and can serve clean water to your cat or any other pet for up to 2 weeks or more.
This is one of the best cat drinking fountains as it is a perfect companion for your short picnics or excursions where your cat might accompany you. Safe to say that your cat would have enough water without needing a refill for quite a long time.
It is both healthy and environment-friendly as it is made of stainless steel instead of plastic. This also makes the cleaning job much easier.
The fountain is designed to ensure the increase in the contact area between air and water. This ensures proper circulation of water and the mix of the right amount of oxygen and water. This is done to keep your pet’s health and vitality in check.
The automatic water dispenser is super silent. This means that your cat can sleep like a baby without being scared of any irregular noise or disturbance.
It is energy-efficient, meaning that you would not have to add any extra zeros to your electricity bill. This truly is one of the best cat water fountains in 2020.
- 67 oz./2 liters capacity, ensuring that no refill is required for a few days.
- Large contact surface area for aerated water.
- Falling stream design is attractive and also helps with the extra oxygen.
- It can work continuously without creating any noise.
- High-quality replacement filter for cleaner water.
- High-quality replacement filter
- Larger contact area for better oxygen mixing
- The automatic pump can work for hours without any noise
- The Filter might not be durable
- Needs regular cleaning
- The bowl is not deep enough for the pump
- Not suitable for large pets
2. PETONEER Cat Water Fountain
This cat water fountain is truly built for the future. It comes with a mobile application that updates you about almost everything, including when the fountain needs a refill, when the filter needs cleaning, etc.
A four-layered purification system ensures that your fur babies remain healthy and don’t fall sick. Two different colored flashes are extremely helpful in aiding to your pets’ needs. The red flash indicates water shortage, and the blue one points at a filter change requirement.
It is so quiet that you would hardly notice its existence. This is one feature that all the best cat fountains must contain. The entire system hardly requires human intervention other than cleaning and refilling.
One of the best pet fountains for cats, this fountain is a complete package with ease of access and usage. It doesn’t ask for a lot of maintenance, which is one of the top reasons why this is worth buying,
- Quadruple filtration and purification using a high-density filter element composed of PP cotton, coconut shell activated carbon, ion exchange resin, and KDF.
- Smart indicator light reminder with a synced mobile application for quick and easy updates on the fountain’s status.
- Ultra-quiet with less than 40dB noise makes it practically non-existent.
- The 7 degrees tilted design makes it comfortable to drink from for your fur buddy, who does not like to get its chin wet.
- 1.9 liters/ 64 oz large capacity water storage keeps the tension of refilling the fountain out of your mind.
- Anti-dry protection technology helps it to stop working when the water levels are too low.
- Non-slip and reasonable edge height design makes it comfortable for your cat to quench its thirst.
- With a silent motor, it does not disturb you with any sound
- Has a good water holding capacity, enough for up to 2 weeks
- The mobile app is not capable of telling any details about the water level in the fountain
- It makes noise when the water level is less than half as the splashing of water gets louder
- Not useful during power cuts as there is no water available if the pump is not functioning
3. PETKIT Cat Water Fountain
In this list of the best cat water fountain 2020, the PETKIT Cat Water Fountain grabs an important spot. It provides sweet drinking water for your cats and other small pets and hardly gives any trouble.
The circulation system in this fountain is beautifully designed to provide maximum oxygenation to the water. This allows your pets to have fresh and hygienic water at all times.
The reason for this making our list of the best cat water fountains is the fact that it is smarter than most fountains. The pump is programmed to shut off automatically once it senses the lack of water in the fountain bowl.
Other than the one placed for notifying about refilling, other embedded LED lights to help identify other essentials, including the need to change or clean the filter. The pump is nearly soundless and does not disturb your fur buddies.
Since it is smarter than most fountains, it is ultra-quiet and has an auto power-off system that saves energy and does not need continuous monitoring. The quadruple filtration system ensures that your pets get clean and hygienic water all the time.
- Quadruple filtration system with a high-performance purifying filter made up of a cotton layer, a coconut shell activated carbon, and ion exchange resin.
- 2 liters/ 68 oz water holding capacity ensuring that no refill is required for days.
- Smart LED light indicators for tracking almost all the details including refill requirement, need for changing or cleaning the filter, etc.
- Water level window to monitor your pet’s water intake.
- Ultra-quiet with sound measured below 30 dB, ensuring that there is no disturbance.
- Energy-efficient and inbuilt auto power-off pump technology.
- SMART and NORMAL modes are available.
- The detachable basin that allows you to refill the fountain without dragging the entire system
- Large water holding capacity
- Very less evaporation due to covered design
- Auto power off system protecting the pump from running dry
- Made up of plastic, thus not environment-friendly
- SMART mode not very effective
- The filter requires too frequent changes
- Water level window is not very helpful in the absence of bright light
4. NICREW Cat Water Fountain
This water fountain for cats holds about enough water to last a day. It helps to keep your cat or any other small pet to stay fresh and hydrated all day long.
The water level indicator window always keeps you informed about refilling the fountain with more water. This helps prevent the fountain from being empty.
The three-stage filtration process is extremely effective in clearing out all impurities, animal hair, smells and odors, and also chlorine. This ensures that your pet would always get clean and safe drinking water.
It has a unique blue lighting feature that ensures its spot on our best pet fountain for cats list. This light attracts cats and other pets to drink water at night. It can easily be turned off manually if not required.
This fountain has three water flow options that help to ensure that your pet is drinking more water. Even the picky ones cannot resist. A red light indicator flashes when the fountain needs a refill.
- 80 ounces (0.63 gallons) water holding capacity that approximately lasts 2-3 days.
- Handy water level indicator window for updates on the water level.
- Low voltage submersible pump for safe and quiet operation.
- 360 degrees fountain makes a continuous water stream to entice your
- pets to drink more water.
- Activated carbon filter for removing impurities and providing your pets with sweet drinking water.
- Stainless steel construction, thus, dishwasher-friendly.
- Easy to clean and refill
- Stainless steel keeps it cleaner for a longer time
- The night light is an interesting feature
- The filter needs changing too frequently
- The pump is not dependable
5. Cat Water Fountain Stainless Steel
The Wonder Creature Cat Water Fountain is a high-quality stainless steel construction, making it strong, durable, and easy to clean. Made of food-grade materials that are BPA free, this fountain is safe and hygienic for your cat.
The pump is whisper-quiet and does not bother you or your pets at any time of the day. The filter is durable and trustworthy, lasting nearly 2.5-4 years. The water level window and LED light to remind you not to miss out on refilling the fountain.
The primary reason for this fountain to be on our list of best water fountains for cats is its auto power off technology. When the water level is too low, the LED light flashes its distinct red color indicating a refill is in order. The fountain would auto shut off if it is not refilled.
The circulating filtration system has a replaceable round filter that cleans up any dirt, hair, or food particles in the water. This gives your pets safe drinking water.
The 360-degree multi-directional streams ensure proper oxygenation of water and also incites your pets to have a drink. This fountain comes with 3 different drinking modes, making it a solid competition on our list of the best cat water fountain 2020.
- High-grade stainless steel top which is dishwasher-friendly.
- BPA free cat fountain, which is safe for your pets.
- 3 carbon filters composed of cotton layers, coconut shell activated carbon, and ion exchange resins, for cleaner and safer water.
- 2 cleaning brushes for the intake tube, motor cavity, and other equipment.
- Whisper-quiet pump with sound as low as 40 dB.
- Intelligent pump with auto power-off technology.
- LED light for low water indication.
- Durable pump lasting up to 4 years.
- 360 degrees multi-directional streams encouraging your pet to drink water.
- Great design
- Stainless steel keeps it clean for a longer duration
- The blue LED light is quite catchy and grabs your cat’s attention
- Auto power off technology prevents the motor from burning off while running dry
- The silicone mat keeps the floor clean and dry
- The water level flowing from the streams drops after a while
- Pump and filter need frequent cleaning and changing
- No switch to turn the LED light off, as mentioned on the pack
6. Pioneer Pet Swan Pet Drinking Fountain
Pets are choosy and picky with everything. They like things which surprise them. Naturally, circulating water from a fountain appeals more to them than still water in a bowl. They love drinking from a faucet.
The Pioneer Pet Swan Drinking Water Fountain makes it to our list of the best cat fountain due to its simple and elegant design. As the name suggests, it is designed like a swan and is made with white plastic to give it that look too.
It has a charcoal filter that is easily replaceable and keeps the water drinkable, clean, and healthy. It comes with an improved USB connection pump that keeps the fountain extremely quiet and noiseless.
The design is easy to clean and dishwasher-safe, ensuring the safety and hygiene of your cat and any other pets. This sure is one of the simplest designs available in the market, making it one of the best pet fountains for cats.
- Elegant design, similar to a swan or your regular water faucet.
- Premium plastic build that is easy to clean and dishwasher-safe.
- Holds up to 80 oz of water.
- Super quiet.
- 5 V pump with improved USB connection.
- Adjustable flow switches to regulate the amount of water flowing through the pump.
- Comes with replacement filters
- Adjustable flow switch on the pump
- Faucet design attracts the pets
- Noisier than other fountains
- Replacement filters are costlier than other fountains
- Requires higher maintenance than other fountains
7. Cubic Cat Water Fountain
One of the best cat water fountains in 2020, the Cubic Cat Water Fountain is built up of high-quality stainless steel that is unbreakable, easy to clean, and durable. The BPA free fountain made up of food-grade materials is safe for your pets.
With a low-voltage technology, the pump is reliable and can last for up to 2 to 4.5 years. The water level window is a good indicator for you to remember to refill the fountain at any time of the day.
The red LED light indicator lights up when the water levels are too low. And if you forget to fill up the fountain, there is no need to worry. The auto power-off technology ensures that your pump does not burn out of running dry.
The two-stage circulating filtration ensures that your pets don’t fall sick by consuming any kind of dirt and debris and remain healthy.
It is hassle-free with 360 degrees multi-directional water streams to give your pets pure oxygenated water. Thus, it is one of the best cat drinking fountains available in the market currently.
- Includes 3 filters, 2 brushes, 1 mat, 2 spouts, and a stainless steel top.
- The stainless steel top is unbreakable, durable, and easy to clean. It is also dishwasher-safe.
- BPA free best cat fountain made up of food-grade materials.
- Smart and intelligent technology with low water level LED indicator and auto power-off sensor.
- Ultra-quiet with sound below 40 dB.
- Circulating filtration in 2 stages — A pre-filter sponge to remove hair and debris and around the filter to remove dirt and food particles.
- Round filter made up of cotton layers, coconut shell activated carbons, and ion exchange resins for better purification.
- 360 degrees multi-directional water streams providing aerated water to your cats and other pets.
- 4 different flow options available
- Includes a silicone mat for spill-protection
- Auto power off saves energy and the pump
- The LED light is too bright and scares the pets away
- Too many parts make it tough to clean
- The top tray does not store enough water at the top because of the shallow design
8. PETKIT Cat Water Fountain
PETKIT is a leading brand in our list of the best water fountains for cats. This fountain is made up of a stainless steel bowl and filter tray making it sturdier than others. The circulating filtration ensures sweeter and cleaner water for your pets.
It is embedded with a unique security system that comes along with a USB cable, that allows it to store enough battery for 7 days. This ensures that your pets don’t go thirsty in case of a power cut.
Its Gen 2.0 sleep level silent water pump helps it to remain noiseless. The sound is less than 30 dB, making it almost non-existent. The pump is also energy-efficient, durable, and very easy to clean.
The high-performance circulation system removes almost anything that can harm your cats or other pets. It helps in providing clean, hygienic, aerated water to the pets, helping them in remaining disease-free.
The smart working mode helps in saving energy as it allows the pump to alternatively work and to rest every 3 minutes. The auto power-off system saves the pump from running dry when it senses low water levels inside the fountain.
- Elegant design; winner of the Reddot Design Award 2020, thus it is one of the best water fountains for cats.
- Gen 2.0 ultra silent pump, producing less than 30 dB sound.
- Embedded LED status indicators for refill, filter, and battery.
- SUS 304 stainless steel for healthy water and easy cleaning.
- PETKIT x-Clean filtration system with enhanced fur-proof mesh for cleaner water.
- The detachable design makes it easy to clean.
- Stainless steel bowl for hygiene and cleanliness
- Battery backup in case of a power cut
- Replacement filters not included
- Too frequent cleaning required
- Cleaning brushes cost extra
- Tricky to change water without spilling
9. PetSafe Drinkwell 2 Gallon and Big Dog Pet Fountains
Next on our list of the best cat drinking fountains is PetSafe Drinkwell fountain, which is a BPA-free build. The fountain is big and is suitable for all sizes of pets and multi-pet households as well.
A single free-falling stream entices your pets to drink more water, even if they are picky. Drinking more water ensures that your cats and other pets remain hydrated and free from urinary and kidney diseases.
The fountain is completely dishwasher-safe. The water flow can be customized and adjusted as per the requirements. The water is carbon-filtered making sure that your dear buddies do not fall sick.
The company makes compatible filters and pumps in case a change is required. Compatibility ensures perfectly fitting pieces, which means no hassles at all.
PetSafe has been a trusted brand for more than 30 years now and hence the product is a must-include in our list of best water fountains for cats.
- 2 gallons large capacity fountain.
- BPA-free construction.
- Single free-falling adjustable stream.
- Constant water circulation and filtration for cleaner and safer drinking water.
- A deep bowl ensures there is less spillage
- Brand trust
- The fountain needs refilling once it is half empty because of the motor design
- Not very quiet
10. Veken Pet Fountain, 84oz/2.5L Automatic Cat Water Fountain Dog Water Dispenser with 3 Replacement Filters & 1 silicone Mat for Cats, Dogs, Multiple Pets
This pet fountain has a good capacity to hold enough water for small to medium-sized cats and pets. Its high-quality BPA-free design is safe for your pets and also makes it durable. The circulating filter makes sure that your fur buddies always have fresh water to drink.
The entire construction is high-quality, and the complete pack includes 3 replacement filters, making it a desirable choice for the best cat water fountain 2020. The filters form a triple circulation system for hygienic drinking water for your pets.
It also comes with a silicone mat to make sure that your floor remains clean and dry. The fountain has 3 modes, for meeting various pet needs. With the free-falling stream, aerated water reaches your pets and also attracts them to drink more water.
The size ensures that there is enough water for your naughty cats or pets to last an entire day. The refilling is easy and the features make sure that this is one of the best pet fountains for cats.
- 2.5 liters/ 84 oz large capacity.
- Ultra-quiet with sound measured below 40 dB.
- High-quality BPA-free design.
- PP resin, cotton layers, and coconut shell activated carbon used for filtration.
- 3 flow modes — flower waterfall, flower bubble, and gentle fountain.
- Durable pump lasting for 2.5 to 4 years.
- Silicone mat included preventing any splashing of water
- Comes with 2 replacement filters
- 3 stream modes
- The filter needs frequent changing
- It is noisier than others
11. PetSafe Cat And Dog Water Fountain
This cat water fountain is shaped differently as compared to all other varieties on this list up till now. Thus, it deserves a spot on the list of the best cat fountains. Its dual free-falling streams add oxygen and freshen up the water for your pets.
It consists of a changeable carbon filter that removes the dirt and odor from the water. Your cats get fresh and clean water which keeps them from being sick.
The two bowl levels form a fascinating design which is what ensures its spot on this list of best cat drinking fountains. The upper and lower dishes provide two separate drinking bowls for your cats and other pets.
The fountain is easy to clean as it is dishwasher-friendly. This makes sure that proper hygiene is maintained and your pets remain healthy and disease-free. It is quiet and doesn’t make a lot of noise.
- 70 oz water capacity is great for your cats and small to medium-sized pets.
- Dual free-falling streams ensure oxygenation and encourage your pets to drink more water.
- The two bowl design is different and provides two drinking areas for your pets. The upper dish can be used by the senior cats.
- The ceramic design makes certain that hygiene is maintained.
- Carbon water filter to remove odor and bad taste.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Good water holding capacity
- Ceramic stays clean longer than plastic
- Bit louder than others
- Only the outer body is ceramic, the rest all of it is made up of plastic
- The motor is slow to start
12. WOPET Cat Water Fountain
This cat fountain can store enough water for your pet for two weeks. Its large capacity helps it squeeze some space on this list of the best cat water fountain 2020. Such capacity is very helpful for the travel-loving pet owners.
You can just fill this up to the brim and relax while your pet can stay hydrated for days. The stainless steel design is easier to clean and much safer than plastic. With 3 replacement filters packed within, it is convenient to maintain this fountain.
The top is crafted to increase the contact surface area between air and water to keep the water fresh and oxygenated. This ensures the health and vitality of your pets. It is designed for all pet sizes.
It comes with an inbuilt automatic water dispenser with a silent pump that can hardly be heard. It never interferes with your cat’s beauty sleep, which makes it a must-add to our list of best pet fountains for cats.
- 2 liters/ 6 oz large water holding capacity.
- Stainless steel design.
- Automatic water dispenser.
- 3 additional filters for changing.
- Large capacity
- Extra filters in the pack
- Stainless steel design that is dishwasher-safe
- Bowl not deep enough for the motor
- The USB cord is not reliable
13. PetSafe Stainless Steel Cat And Dog Water Fountain
This fountain has a large capacity to keep your pets hydrated for days. The free-falling streams entice the pets to drink more water. If you are looking for the best cat drinking fountain, this one should be on your list.
The streams have various flow options to meet the various needs of your pets. The flow can be adjusted by simply rotating the top of the fountain. Constant circulation and open bowl design make certain that there are no sick or thirsty cats roaming around.
The high-grade stainless steel material is dust and scratch-free, making it quite durable and easy to clean.
PetSafe is a trusted brand and makes its own parts for the replacement of filters or pumps. Hence, this fountain is one of the best cat water fountain 2020.
- 128-ounce capacity.
- Stainless steel design.
- Customizable water flow with 5 flow options.
- 360 degrees free-falling streams.
- Large capacity is perfect for multi-pet households
- Very quiet pump, with hardly any sound
- Aesthetically not good enough
- Basin space not wide enough
- Frequent refills required
14. Comsmart Cat Water Fountain
This upgraded fountain by Cosmart deserved a mention in this collection of the best cat fountains. With inbuilt LED lights, you can now clearly see and monitor the water levels in the fountain at all times.
The blue light brightens up your house at night. This fountain comes with a new upgraded pump that is much quieter and energy-efficient than its previous models. It is also stress-free and durable, lasting for a considerably good period.
The structure is made up of food-grade material, BPA-free PP resin, and a stainless steel top tray which is easier to clean. The pack is equipped with 3 extra filters for your convenience. The circulation makes sure that your pets always get fresh water.
With free-falling multi-directional streams, the fountain easily is one of the best pet fountains for cats.
- 2.4 liters large capacity.
- Water level window with LED lights.
- 304 stainless steel bowls that are easy to clean.
- BPA-free PP resin and food-grade material construction.
- 3 different flow modes – flower waterfall, flower bubble, and gentle fountain.
- 360 degrees multi-directional free-falling streams.
- Ultra-quiet motor with sound below 40 dB.
- 1.5 W energy-efficient pump lasting up to 4 years.
- Blue LED light decorates your home
- The pump gave many complaints
- Longevity is uncertain
15. NPET WF050 Cat Water Fountain
This cat water fountain is designed to encourage your pets to drink more water. It comes with various modes to entice your fur buddies to take a sip. This is what makes it one of the best pet fountains for cats.
It is round-shaped and completely transparent, which helps in giving a clear indication about when the fountain is to be cleaned. Transparency helps remind you about when to refill the fountain.
It has a large capacity that comes in handy for people with multiple pets. With a good filtration system, your pets will always have fresh and hygienic water to drink.
It is environment-friendly and energy-efficient, made up of high-quality plastic that is non-toxic and odorless. This fountain is simple in design and easy to clean, making it a good choice for the best water fountain for cats.
- 1.5 liters large capacity.
- 3-layered filter – sponge to catch all hair and debris, ion exchange resin to soften the hard water, and activated carbon to remove bad taste and odor.
- 2 modes — faucet and spring surge mode — as per the various requirements of your cats and other pets.
- Transparent design.
- It is made up of high-quality plastic, that is environment-friendly.
- Transparent design
- 2 modes for aiding to your pets’ multiple needs
- Easy to clean
- Comes without an adapter
- Noisier than others
16. Veken Cat Water Fountain
This fountain has a large capacity, something you might be looking for if you have multiple pets at your place. It is good enough for all sizes of pets. Plus, you can monitor their water intake by looking at the water level window.
It is made up of environment-friendly materials, thus making it a good choice on our list of the best cat fountains. It comes with a silicone mat to keep your naughty pets from flooding your floor.
It is super-quiet, with sound levels recorded below 40 dB that does not interfere with your pets’ sleep. The set up comes with embedded LED lights for monitoring the refilling requirements.
The pump is durable and does not bother you much. The triple filtration system makes certain that your pets would get hygienic clean water and remain healthy. It comes with 3 modes to attract your pets to take a sip.
- An automatic water bowl that is made up of BPA-free materials.
- 2.5 liters/ 85 oz large capacity.
- 3 modes with free-falling water streams.
- Ultra-quiet pump with sound below 40 dB.
- Triple filtration system.
- 3 flow options
- Doesn’t have an auto power-off option, hence it has to be monitored to keep the pump from running dry
- Tricky to read water levels
- The motor is not very effective
17. Petnf 2020 Newest Upgraded Cat Fountain
This water fountain has a huge capacity making it suitable for all pet sizes and multiple-pet households. This is one of the best cat drinking fountains, because of its aesthetic design and amazing features.
Like most others on this list, this one too has a triple filtration system that cleanses the water for your pet to have the safest hydrating experience. The transparent design looks good and makes it convenient for you to know when it is the time to clean.
The pump makes no noise. It comes with various modes to attract your cats and dogs to take a sip. The pump shuts off as soon as it senses the lack of water.
The reason for this fountain being on our list of the best cat water fountain 2020 is its emergency water storage option. In case of a power cut-off, your pet will still have enough water to deal with their thirst.
- 3 liters/ 100 oz large capacity.
- Fully transparent design.
- Silent energy saving.
- Ultra-silent with sound below 30 dB.
- 2 modes — spring and faucet — to attract your pets.
- Triple filtration and circulation.
- Emergency water storage capacity up to 300 ml.
- Large capacity
- Emergency storage
- Silent energy saving option
- Pump is noisier
- Water leaking through the faucet pipe attachment
- Difficult to stick the pump securely with the rubber pipe
18. PETKIT Cat Water Fountain
This cat water fountain is reliable and smart. With a good enough capacity, it is perfect for small to medium-sized pets. The circulation system ensures that your pets always get aerated and freshwater.
It has a translucent design that helps monitor your pets’ water intake. The LED light will notify you when it is time to refill the fountain. If you forget, no worries. The pump would shut down automatically when it senses the lack of water to prevent the pump from burning.
The pump is extremely quiet and doesn’t hamper your pets’ beauty sleep. It has a very low energy consumption, so it doesn’t add zeros to your bill. This makes it one of the best pet fountains for cats.
- 1.85 liters water holding capacity.
- Triple filtration system.
- LED light indicators.
- Whisper-quiet pump with sound below 30 dB.
- Translucent design.
- Simulated natural springs
- Silent water pump
- Simple design
- Value for money
- Not a huge tank
- The filter is not eco-friendly
- Fragile wires
19. CLEEBOURG Upgraded Pet Cat Water Fountain
It is made up of environment-friendly plastic which lasts long and provides a better drinking experience. The circulation provides fresh oxygenated water to keep your cats and dogs healthy.
It comes embedded with an inbuilt LED light system that notifies you for refilling and changing the filter. The different modes are designed to entice your pets to drink from the fountain.
There also is a night light that doesn’t hamper the sleep but makes it comfortable for your pets to drink water at night. The water capacity is good and can last for a few days. However, you can always monitor when you need to refill.
The unique feature is the separable tank, which makes it easier to clean, and the pump with an outlet pipe. These characteristics make this a must on our list of the best cat fountain.
- ABS plastic build that is high-quality and environment-friendly.
- Free-working mode and night working mode available.
- LED light indicator and filter change reminder.
- Super-quiet pump.
- Separable tank for easy cleaning
- Long power cable
- Spill mat included
- The top is too shallow
- The pump is not very dependable
20. Mospro Pet Fountain Cat Water Dispenser
This pet fountain is cute, simple, and can function as a toy as well. It is of a decent size, so no need to replenish water for a few days at least. It is made up of environment-friendly materials.
The structure is simple and designed so that it is easy to open and clean. It is super silent and has low power consumption. It is designed to provide ample contact between air and water so that your pets always get fresh water.
It looks good and can attract your cats and dogs for staying hydrated. The entire package comes with replaceable filters, which can be used time and again after drying in the sun. This is what makes it one of the best cat drinking fountains.
- 2 liters large capacity.
- Environment-friendly material.
- Low power consumption.
- Super silent pump.
- 3 water flow settings — flower waterfall, flower bubble, and gentle fountain mode.
- Sink and faucet design is loved by all cats
- Various modes available
- Super quiet
- Requires too frequent cleaning
- The motor is not dependable
21. UPSKY Cat Water Fountain
This fountain is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes and looks pretty. The capacity is good and it doesn’t require frequent refills. The circulation system ensures that your pets stay hydrated and healthy, making it one of the best pet fountains for cats.
The quadruple filtration system makes certain that every drop of water is clean. The high-density filter captures almost all the contaminants that might make your pets sick. It comes with a transparent water level window so you will never miss out on a refill.
The pump is quiet and doesn’t disturb your cats’ beauty sleep. It has 3 streamflow options that entice your pets to drink more water. This keeps them from falling ill.
It is recommended to clean the fountain before use so that all the ionic and resin powders are removed.
- 2.5 liters/ 84 oz large capacity.
- Quadruple filtration system.
- Ultra-quiet pump with sound below 40 dB.
- 3 water flow designs.
- USB connection.
- Aesthetic design
- Super silent
- Various flows for different pet needs
- No adapter included
- The pump is not reliable
- The top is not deep enough, causing spilling
22. PetSafe Drinkwell Butterfly or Original Pet Fountains
This cat fountain is compact and is perfect for you small to medium-sized cats and dogs. It is made up of environment-friendly materials that are BPA-free. It is dishwasher-safe, which is rare for plastic and is easy to clean.
A decorative butterfly topper provides various stream options that are made to entice your pets to drink more water. The filtration system keeps the water clean so that your fur buddies don’t get sick.
What’s more, it comes with compatible filters and pumps, specially designed by the PetSafe for their products. This makes it one of the best cat fountain.
- 50-ounce water capacity.
- Decorative butterfly topper with multiple stream options.
- Replaceable carbon filter.
- BPA-free plastic build.
- Compact design
- Decorative butterfly topper adds to a pretty look
- Very noisy
- Hard to clean
- The filter could be better
23. OYESAUTO Cat Water Fountain
Made up of 304 stainless steel and BPA-free material, this fountain is easy to clean and is highly durable. It has a water level window with LED indicators for notifying you when it needs a refill.
It has an ultra-quiet pump that doesn’t interrupt your chores at all. It runs on low power and thus is environment-friendly. It comes with 2 different flowers and 4 different flow designs to attract your pets to drink water.
The fountain can last for days without a refill. The triple filtration system ensures that your beloved pets have hygienic water and stay healthy and disease-free.
All this makes it one of the best cat drinking fountains in the current market.
- 304 stainless steel top.
- Food-grade material that is BPA-free.
- 2.5 liters large capacity.
- LED light indicators.
- 1.5 W low power consumption.
- 2 flowers and 4 different flow designs.
- Stainless steel is easy to clean and safer than plastic
- 4 flow designs
- The top dish is too shallow
- The pump is not reliable
24. Comsmart Cat Water Fountain
This water fountain is another great item in the race for the best cat water fountain 2020. It has a large capacity suitable for all pet sizes. Made up of safe and environment-friendly materials, this fountain meets human health standards.
It is smart and is based on intelligent technology that allows it to auto power-off when it senses a lack of water in the fountain. It has indicators inbuilt for reminding you to refill the fountain.
Its enhanced filtration technology allows your pets to enjoy safe and healthy drinking water. With free-falling streams and 3 different flow modes, this truly is one of the best pet fountains for cats.
- 304 stainless steel top.
- Made up of BPA-free PP resin.
- 2.5 liters/ 85 oz large capacity.
- 3 flow types — flower waterfall, flower bubble, and gentle fountain.
- LED light indicators and water level window.
- Auto power-off system
- Stainless steel is easier to clean
- Extra filters included
- Water flow is slow
- The pump is not reliable
25. CLEEBOURG Cat Water Fountain
This water fountain has different water flows distinguished by their speeds to attract your cats and dogs to take a sip. It has a large capacity and a transparent water level window to keep a check on your pets’ water intake.
The material used for creating this fountain is ergonomic and eco-friendly. It is composed of finely cleaned PP gum and BPA-free materials. It can detect low water levels and subsequently shut the motor off to save the pump from drying up.
The pump works on a low voltage of 1.5 W, which makes it extremely energy-efficient. It does its job quietly, and the only sound you hear is of natural water flow. The fountain looks aesthetically good and is one of the best cat fountains out there.
- 2 liters/ 68 oz large capacity.
- Super silent.
- 3 flow modes.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- 3 different modes
- Noisier than others.
What To Look For When Buying The Best Cat Water Fountain?
1. Your Cat’s Behavior
Cats are picky about everything. Make sure you know if they like plastic or steel or any other material. See what they are comfortable with. You don’t want to put your money into something that your cat wouldn’t use later.
2. Fountain Maintenance
You don’t want a high-maintenance product to make it harder for you to clean it. Be wiser in your choices. Make sure you buy something easy to assemble and disassemble and convenient to clean.
3. Water Holding Capacity
Depending upon your cat’s drinking habits and your availability around your pet, make sure you choose the right capacity so that you are not stuck with refilling issues.
4. Number Of Bowls And Their Depth
If you have a young kitten, a deep bowl would be fine. But for an older cat, who has stiff joints, the bowl must be shallow so that the water is within reach
5. Number Of Fountains
If you have multiple cats, this is something to consider. The more spouts, the better. You don’t want your pets to fight and make a mess on your floor.
6. The Bowl And Fountain Material
There are multiple options for this like steel, plastic, ceramic, etc. Choose an environment-friendly package that is easy to clean and durable.
7. Personal Preference
If you like something, you buy it. It is as simple as that.
Pick The Best Cat Water Fountain Now!
Cats have somehow lost the drive to drink water through evolution. While their ancestors found creative ways to stay hydrated, modern house cats are too lazy and rarely feel the urge to drink. The advent of cat water fountains has been a blessing in disguise.
Now the cats can be attracted to drink water. Most cats love drinking from the faucets. Hence hydration is no more an issue if you invest in the best cat water fountain for your cat.
Go grab your wallets and buy the “purr-fect” cat water fountain for your beloved feline buddy.
FAQs on Cat Water Fountains
Q1. Are Such Fountains Safe?
Yes, they are completely safe and reliable.
Q2. How Often Do I Have To Change The Filter?
That would vary from brand to brand and also the usage. If it is used by multiple cats or is being used frequently, then the filter has to be changed often.
Q3. How Do I Get My Cat To Use It?
Most cats are attracted to running water. If that is not the case with yours, then be patient. They will come around eventually.
Q4. Can The Fountain Be Left Running All The Time?
The fountains can be left running as long as the pump remains underwater. If the pump doesn’t remain underwater, it’ll run dry and eventually burn.
Q5. How Do I Clean The Fountain?
Try buying one which is dishwasher-safe. It helps in maintaining hygiene. If not, then you can use brushes along with vinegar to clean it up.
Pam is a self-confessed cat lover and has experience of working with cats and owning cats for as long as she can remember. This website is where she gets to share her knowledge and interact with other cat lovers.